Wednesday 31 August 2011

Meet the Dreamers: Carolyn Eicher

Carolyn Eicher

I'm Carolyn. I love being a photographer. It is what energizes me each day. If I look back on my life, I see that I've always been drawn to photography, photographers, photo shows, and cameras. But it has taken me a long time to identify myself as a photographer. Starting a 365 project this year has helped. Each day, I create a diptych where I capture something outside, and something indoors, inside. Through this 365, I have discovered the discipline of daily photography, and being committed and staying focused on a project.

I was born in Nigeria, but grew up in the midwest with many of my years involving amazing journeys with my family, where I traveled back to Africa (Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa), India, Pakistan. I've lived in different cities-- Minneapolis, London, Den Haag, Santa Fe, Los Angeles, San Francisco,  but now live in a smaller city on the Central California Coast with cows and horses a mile from my house, and hills in every direction.

As a photographer, I like to capture images both serious and playful. My documentary style includes gleaning on farms, fields and orchards, rescuing food that would otherwise go to waste. Shooting portraits, I love to show people in their true radiance and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment