Saturday 23 June 2012

Enjoy the Moment by Ginny Lennox

                                                        
                                       In seed time learn,
                                     in harvest time teach,
                                    in winter enjoy.   William Blake


Yesterday when we got to the lake I walked just a little bit by myself.  As I stood on the bank, I looked to my left and there stood a beautiful white duck.  I thought she would immediately move or swim away but to my surprise she stood quietly watching the water.  I was able to take quite a few pictures and I really enjoyed the moment. 

I have been taking lots of classes and workshops to become a better artist, a better photographer, or a better writer.  I am sure they all prepared me for this special experience.  But in the moment yesterday, the thing that I was most grateful for was that I happened upon this spot at just the right time with my camera ready to capture the beauty that was in front of me.  Just as Blake said, there is a time to learn, a time to teach, and a time to enjoy.  Yesterday was a time to enjoy.  I hope that your life will be filled with many unexpected moments that you will take the time to enjoy!

Ginny believes that each and every day is filled with special moments to be enjoyed and treasured.  On her blog, Special Moments in Time she encourages everyone to recognize and celebrate their own special moments each day.

1 comment:

  1. Cute duck! Cute duck photo! Photography is great for "moments," isn't it?

    ReplyDelete