Sunday 22 July 2012

Driving in the State of Gratitude by Susan Cadley

“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” Anthony Robbins

As my car glided down the highway early one bright Saturday morning, I imagined a white light surrounding my entire vehicle, leaving a trail of blessings for all those that drove around me.  Deva Premal’s spinning chants accompanied me inside the car as I stated my gratitude for the many blessing in my life, including the city I live in.  I stated out loud “ I love living in Atlanta”.   And the rest of the day, Atlanta loved me.

The remainder of my day turned into what I call “flow”.  The attendees at the workshop I attended were friendly, the content was rich, and the presenter deep and thoughtful.  At lunch I took myself to a restaurant where I enjoyed some creamy tomato soup made with goat cheese, which was a surprising treat as I’m allergic to cow’s milk.   Since I had a bit more time after lunch, I walked across the street from the restaurant to browse in a bead store, as making jewelry is a creative hobby of mine.  The bead store was attached to a boutique and I found myself trying on a long summer skirt and in 5 minutes,  purchasing it.   I floated away with the feeling of gratitude and trusted the process and the day as it unfolded.  I had not made the connection to how I began my day being grateful, with how my day turned out until much later.  However I could feel something was in the air that day.

That something was the feeling of being in the state of gratitude.  The word gratitude is a noun, however being grateful can generate feelings such as feeling: wholeness, grounded, peaceful, contented, satiated, and calm. 

If you want to shift your feeling state, consciously move into gratitude.  Feeling down?  Create a gratitude list.  Is someone displeased with you?  Think about the people that love and understand you.   Draw a circle with your name in the middle and the names of all those beings that love you around the edges of the circle. Having some big challenges?  Focus on what is working in your life.  We all have so much, and we need a reminder from time to time.  Gratitude can be your reminder.

Expressing gratitude doesn’t have to be a big production. Simply state it out loud. Or, you can draw on your creativity and create something that represents gratitude, color/paint your gratitude, dance it, sing it.  Be expansive and expressive as only you can be. 

When you enter the sate of gratitude, you shift your consciousness, you take yourself higher and you lift the rest of us higher as well.

I invite you to take a moment right now and say “thank you” for someone or something in your life right now.  Then, allow flow to find you!

Susan is a Licensed Psychotherapist and Soul Coach and sole proprietor of Living From Within, LLC. Through counseling, coaching, creative workshops, book studies, and writing, Susan guides you to hear and live the messages of your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment