Thursday 13 September 2012

Flirting with Completion by Meghan Genge

"If we wish a genuine healing of our hearts - not just fixing things, not just bandaging the broken aorta of the spirit - we must question the ego's most fundamental assumptions. For only when we reject the ego's account of who we are, can we begin to discover who we really are." - Marianne Williamson, The Gift of Change

feet web 
You have to understand how hilarious it is for me to write about completion. Sitting in my office, I can see at least 15 books that I have started and not finished. I have at least three notebooks on the go, and I am the author of not one but seven uncompleted blog posts. I work to the wire, resisting deadlines and schedules like they are poison.

Completion and I are not friends. In fact, I would go as far as to say that completion has been one of my fiercest enemies.

At least that is the story I have been telling myself.

Completion means done. It means not able to tweak anymore. It means the process is finished and I should have Learned Something. Completion implies a finality, an ending. Completion means that someone else now has control over my creation or work. Completion means submitting. Completion means putting it out there for criticism or feedback.

Completion is scary!

And yet, it the deepest corners of my soul, a light has turned on. So many of the stories I have told myself are based in childhood fears. So many of the rules I live by and the I AMs I function with are simply not true. Like an old computer, I need an upgrade on my programming. I need to stand in the middle of the chaos, look completion in the eye and say, "I am not afraid of you."

Marianne Williamson writes, "...when we reject the ego's account of who we are, can we begin to discover who we really are."

So I am choosing to look completion in the eye. I am choosing to dance with her a little; do a little dabbling in allowing her to lead.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Megg is a writer, a seeker, and a finder of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment