Thursday 30 May 2013

Two Very Different Creative Sparks by Ginny Lennox


I had to think a lot about this month’s Creative Dream Journal’s theme of what sparks my creativity. When I think of a spark I think of energy that grows into a brightly colored flame. When I think of how I am creatively that is not the vision I get most of the time. At this point in time, I am most creative in a quiet environment. I love to have everything in order and then begin to write or paint. I might take time to look outside at the colors of nature or just sit and think or meditate in my own way. But I don’t usually feel a rush of adrenaline which carries me into a great frenzy or exuberance of creativity unless…. I am starting a new project that will benefit someone else. Then I feel the excitement. Then I love to think and discuss and collaborate and design and create with a sense of urgency. Even when I am writing about the different ways that I experience creativity, I can feel the difference in my body. One is a personal way to create which may benefit others but begins as a totally personal experience. The other begins and ends with the purpose of benefiting someone else. Both are different but both are equally important. I really had no idea that when I began writing on this topic that this is what I would discover about myself! And that does spark my creativity because I do believe that the more I know about myself the more creative I become. Does your creativity always spark in the same way? Do you feel differently depending upon what you are creating? I know we are all different and experience creativity in our own unique and special way, but I would love to know what inspires you.

Ginny, a certified Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach, believes that each and every day is filled with special moments to be enjoyed and treasured. On her blog, Special Moments in Time, she encourages everyone to recognize and celebrate their own special moments each day



 

1 comment:

  1. Ginny, I think of you as such a naturally generous, giving person. It's so great the way you give to yourself and to others!

    ReplyDelete